Applications for the 2018/19 school year are now being accepted. See below for changes to our application criteria and process.
- If you’ve previously participated in SAITCity, please note that the program has changed its learner audience from Grades 8 and 9 to Grades 9 and 10 as of 2018/19.
- Depending on demand, SAIT may limit offers to two sessions per school. In this case, additional applications from the same school will be waitlisted.
- Each session can accommodate up to 40 students. We encourage teachers to combine classes to fill all 40 student spots.
Teachers on modified school year calendars or who wish to start a new academic year with a career focus are encouraged to apply for early sessions.
- Application deadline: July 30, 2018 for September 15 to October 5, 2018 sessions
Notification of acceptance/non-acceptance: August 16, 2018
- Application deadline: September 14, 2018 for October 8 to June 15, 2019 sessions
Notification of acceptance/non-acceptance: September 21, 2018
Online Application System
IMPORTANT — READ BEFORE COMPLETING THE ONLINE APPLICATION
- The educator attending SAITCity must:
- Complete the online form.
- Administer the “Before Your Visit” activities to their class. (These take approximately 50 minutes to complete. Access is granted to these materials when you have confirmed your registration.)
- Complete a separate application form for each class you would like to bring to the Career Exploration Centre.
- If your school requires financial assistance for transportation costs, you must indicate this on your application form.
- Please have a copy of the dates your class is unable to attend a SAITCity session.
AFTER YOU COMPLETE THE ONLINE APPLICATION
- Please await an email notifying you of your acceptance/non-acceptance.
- If your application is accepted, you must confirm your registration details within five (5) business days of notification to secure your booking or your session will be offered to another class.
- Once you’ve confirmed your session, we’ll inform you of next steps by email and provide you with a username and password so your class can access SAITCity materials.
- If your application is not accepted, you’ll be notified by email and placed on a waiting list.